Mar 7, 2012
Top 10 Rejected Children's Books
Here are the Top 10 Rejected Children's Books of 2012
10. "Puff the Magic Dragon goes to Rehab"
9. "Left Behind: The Kid's Guide to Hitchhiking"
8. "Curious George and the High-Voltage Fence
7. "When Vegetables Attack"
6. "All Cats Go to Hell: and Other Songs for Sunday School"
5. "The Magic World Inside of the Abandoned Refrigerator"
4. "Thomas the Tank Engine Derails"
3. Strangers Have the Best Candy"
2. Things Rich Kids Have, but You Never Will
1. "Pop! Goes the Hamster . . . And Other Microwave
No one would actually think any of these titles are a good idea for children. If the life you lived in front of your children had a title, what would it be?
"He doesn't Practice What He Preaches?"
"The People Who Yell at Me?"
"Don't Talk While the TV's On?"
Just as we are worried about the content of a book or TV show, we should take stock of the story we are writing for our children to see.