Jan 1, 2012
New Year's Resolution Ideas!
1. Lose weight-- Actually go to a gym and get a membership tomorrow. Pack a lunch for work each day so you will not eat out and crock pot on Sunday's to avoid the temptation to eat out. Restaurant portions are HUGE!
2. Go to church more-- Pick a friend or a family to keep each other accountable and get together once a month for lunch on Sunday. The one who has missed the most church that month picks up the tab (perfect attendance for both = dutch).
3. Watch TV less--Put your TV on a timer switch and program it to only come on for a certain amount of time a day and do something else when it cuts off. You can also invest in some card games like Uno, Blink, or Monopoly Deal.
4. Use Facebook less-- It will initially take some time to use Facebook less. Organize all of your friends into lists and only check the news feed of your close friends and family lists. Aimlessly scrolling through the news feed is a serious time waster.
5. Read your Bible more-- If you have a smartphone you can get the YouVersion app fom LifeChurch.TV and use there reading plans or listen to the Bible on the go. If you do not have a smartphone you can bookmark Crosswalk.com on your computer and use one of their plans or simply leave your Bible in the bathroom or in a prominent place.
6. Spend more time with your family-- If you want to be a better husband, wife, father, mother, son or daughter then please see the suggestions for numbers two through five (one through five if you want to be around for your family when you are older).
What will you do differently this year?