Oct 26, 2011

Honey, I Shrunk the Car!

I only remember going trick or treating once as a small child. The rest of my childhood was spent hiding in the dark on Halloween with sheets over the windows so that children would not know we were home. We would take our stand against the evils of Halloween in the silence of the family room.

Several years later we begin going to a kids carnival put on by our church. Unbeknownst to my family, I was slowly developing a deep appreciation for Halloween. It wasn't necessarily the candy or scariness as much as fun of dressing up.

I grew up reading comics and the thought of becoming a different character still excites me. If it were socially acceptable I would where a cape every day.

Now that I have kids Halloween has become one of my favorite times of year. Yes, I know the origins, but I do not care. If it was once meant for evil, I definitely mean it for good.

The annual Trunk or Treat for our church is coming up and I am preparing a shrink ray for "Honey I Shrunk the Car". We will be scientists (except my wife who will decked out in curlers as my wife) There is something about getting into character as someone else that is awesome fun for my whole family.

I am not done with the ray yet, but here is a pic of it so far:

No comments: