May 24, 2011

Pirates 4--a (Christian?) Movie Review

 
        I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides at midnight on Thursday. I was not expecting much since I had not enjoyed a Pirates move since the first one. I was pleasantly surprised.
        It still contained the same amount of innuendo and drunkenness as the first three, but something was different. Blackbeard's ship contained a Christian missionary who actually lived his faith. I could tell that even though Blackbeard and Jack Sparrow disagreed with the missionary's world-view there was an amount of respect for him. Blackbeard would only tie him up rather than kill him. He was selfless and believed that anyone could be redeemed. This side story alone is worth the price of admission.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the feedback :)