Feb 1, 2011

We Do Not Get a Groundhog Day

     
          Well Groundhog Day officially starts in a couple of hours. Do you remember the movie Groundhog Day? It was always one of my favorites. I have liked Bill Murray since Ghostbusters, but I really love how it makes me think. What if I could live my day over again? What would I do differently?
       In the movie Phil uses his new found immortality to woo a girl. I can't help but think about more important things to work on. Like not saying something rude to someone I hurt, spending more time with my family, or living more for God. 
      What about you? How many wasted days have you had? What about today? Would you change anything if you could have a do-over?
       Unfortunately, we do not get a do-over in real life. We have one shot to make it count. One shot to raise our children, one shot to show Christ's love to a hurting world, and one shot to leave a legacy that matters.
       James 4:14 says, "How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog--it's here a little while, then it's gone." The time to act is now. The Poet C.T. Studd wrote, "Only one life 'twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last". What are you doing that will last? What do you know in your heart that you should be doing?
       Do it now! Don't wait. We do not get a Groundhog Day.




Get Randumblog on your Kindle

5 comments:

Munkie said...

If we got a Groundhog Day, we wouldn't appreciate our GOOD days. Thanks for the reminder, Nate!

Susan L said...

To show my age, Caddy Shack was my favorite Bill Murry Movie :-) I certainly have had my share of do overs however it sure isn't easy or very comfortable I should add. It is much more fulfilling not needing the "do over" and provide love, peace and support to people that need it. Thanks Nate.

Unknown said...

Thank you Susan thats funny about Caddy Shack. He was nuts in that one. I also loved What About Bob.

Unknown said...

My Favorite Bill Murray movie is "What About Bob?". I did a devotion series on three spiritual lessons from WAB? Baby Steps, A Vacation From Yourself, and Death Therapy. Ground Hog Day was weird. I always liked how he went through a spell of depressiona nd try to kill himself and kept waking up to "I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher...uhhh. But he later became missional. He kept trying to rescue people...and feeding the homeless man. Enjoyed your thoughts Nate!

Unknown said...

I love how they never explain why it was happening