Have you ever wanted to text your entire student or children's ministry all at once. If you are anything like me you have looked into it. I found out that the price was more than my church could afford to budget.
Only 50% of emails are actually read, but 96% of texts are opened and read. This means that not only are texting services the best way to communicate with large groups, but they are also a necessity.
How did I get a text service for absolutely free? I let Twitter pick up the tab. I recently learned how to do this at a breakout session of the Orange Conference. Now I want to share this with you.
Here are the simple steps to make this work.
1. Start a Twitter account for your group. Example: @kwazykids
2. Plan to tweet no more than 3 times a week so as not to annoy the receiver enough to where they drop out.
3. Communicate the new communication method (you do not even need to mention Twitter)
4. Have everyone in your group text to 40404 the following: follow kwazykids
It is imperative that there is a space between follow and your Twitter name.
You do not need to include the @ sign.
5. Tweet to Text to your group
Good luck with your New FREE texting service. May God bless your ministry