Apr 28, 2011

The REAL Royal Wedding!

      
        There is a lot of talk today about the royal wedding. It is even a trending topic on Twitter. The funny thing is the the royal family have only been figureheads for years. Are you really ruling if you have no power? It is the equivalent of acting as if Ronald McDonald is the CEO of McDonalds.

        The church in scripture is called the bride of Christ. There will one day be a marriage dinner in heaven with all who have turned to God through his Son. Jesus told this parable (story with a meaning) to illustrate God's invitation to this royal wedding is like.


Luke 14:16-24 ... “A man prepared a great feast and sent out many invitations. 17When the banquet was ready, he sent his servant to tell the guests, ‘Come, the banquet is ready.’ 18But they all began making excuses. One said, ‘I have just bought a field and must inspect it. Please excuse me.’ 19 Another said, ‘I have just bought five pairs of oxen, and I want to try them out. Please excuse me.’ 20 Another said, ‘I now have a wife, so I can’t come.’
 21 “The servant returned and told his master what they had said. His master was furious and said, ‘Go quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and invite the poor, the crippled, the blind, and the lame.’ 22 After the servant had done this, he reported, ‘There is still room for more.’ 23 So his master said, ‘Go out into the country lanes and behind the hedges and urge anyone you find to come, so that the house will be full. 24 For none of those I first invited will get even the smallest taste of my banquet.’”


        Have you accepted His invitation? It is even more like a proposal. The royal wedding of all time is going to happen with or without you. God's desire is that you choose with. 


1 comment:

One who has been changed said...

This is the one wedding invitation that I have RSVP completed and am looking forward to.